VINAN LLC doing business as CompTechDirect (referred to as “us” or “we”) understands the importance of your privacy on the Internet. That is why we believe it is important to let you know how we use the information collected through our website, https://comptechdirect.com (“Site). The following is our policy regarding Internet privacy and usage.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
We do collect and store personal information you enter on our Site or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, street address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information you will provide to our third-party credit card payment processor such as Stripe or PayPal pursuant to their respective privacy policies) (“Personal Information”). We also may share your Personal Information with a third party marketing services provider, such as Mailchimp, for the purpose of distributing our own order confirmations, marketing emails, newsletter promotions, and coupons.
We use the Personal Information that you provide us to 1) fulfill requests for products, services and/or information, 2) provide customer service, 3) offer products and services to you, 4) measure and improve the effectiveness of our Site and our marketing endeavors, 5) tailor our online offerings to your preferences, 6) administer promotions or surveys, or 7) achieve other business purposes as permitted under applicable law. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease any personal information collected at our Site. All personal information is used solely as directed by you.
Although our Site is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above who are residents of the United States. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
- With Whom We Share Your Information
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. To opt out, please contact us at 1-323-457-5566 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We may share personal information with:
- Third-Party Service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include:
- We will share your name, contact information and credit card information with our authorized service providers who process credit card payments such as Stripe or PayPal (pursuant to their respective privacy policies). These service providers may have access to, or you will provide directly to them, your personal information needed to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Providing marketing assistance, whereby we may share your email address with a third party marketing services provider, Mailchimp, for the purpose of distributing our own order confirmations, marketing emails, newsletter promotions, and coupons.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Site and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Individual customers who reside in California and have provided their Personal Information to us may:
- Review and request changes to his or her personally identifiable information,
- Request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year.
Such requests may be directed to us at 1-323-457-5566 or email@example.com.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
At this time, the Site does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or similar mechanisms.
Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from our site unless you provide it to them directly.
NOTICE FOR MINORS
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Such requests may be directed to us at 1-323-457-5566 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we offer deletion capability for our services, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Site may also contain links to other websites or affiliated sites (e.g. events, sponsors, or companies offering rebates or other promotions). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such websites, including such website's use of any information (such as IP address, browser type or operating system) collected when visitors to the Site click through links to those websites. Even though such information may not identify you personally, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of any third party websites.
- Notification of Changes
- Effective Date